If you want to build a robust and well-architected software product for your business an ASP to ASP.Net Migration is essential.
ASP to ASP .Net migration will Update Legacy ASP Applications:
Typical legacy ASP applications were built using VBScript interfaces with backend Access databases. In order to adapt them to fit evolving business needs you may require an extensive redesign and development which will necessitate a move to a new platform or framework.
Changes have already occurred in the application development environment since they were originally built. In promoting the ASP to ASP .Net migration, Microsoft has redirected its own development efforts away from VB / ASP / Access to ASP.NET and SQL Server for the .NET framework. If you’re looking to update your current Legacy ASP based applications, consider updating the tools used to build them with an ASP to ASP .Net migration.
Benefits Achieved using .NET Framework:
Applications that have made the ASP to ASP .Net migration show increase in performance, scalability and reliability. Fortunately, most legacy ASP functionality can co-exist with ASP.NET. This helps make a gradual transition from one to the other without a loss of application functionality. Moving to the ASP.NET environment provides :
- Increased scalability and reliability
- 2X to 3X performance gain at a minimum
- Built-in cross-browser compatibility
- Rich server-side controls, Microsoft Visual Studio® .NET designer support, and configuration options
- X-copy deployment of pages and components
- Better debugger and tracing options
- Content-code separation
- New caching features
- Enhanced state-management features
- ASP and ASP.NET can run side-by-side if required
- New advanced features
Legacy Application Enhanced in the ASP to ASP .Net migration:
In an ASP to ASP .Net migration both applications can exist on the same server. This helps the transition to be made as gradual as you wish to convert. The .NET Framework supports multiple object oriented and scripting programming languages, such as Visual Basic, C# and Perl, and their interoperability. It works especially well with Microsoft Visual Studio’s integrated development environment and Microsoft SQL Server. ASP.NET has the ability to allow WYSIWYG editing of pages.
Converting web applications from legacy ASP to ASP.NET within the .NET Framework requires developers with considerable experience in and understanding of the .NET Framework as well as legacy applications. Macrosoft’s experienced migration team has a successful track record in both environments and can make the transition straightforward and seamless.
Macrosoft’s Involvement in Converting Your Legacy ASP to ASP .Net migration:
- Macrosoft guarantees Scalability, Reliability and Performance of Your Web / Windows Applications.
- Macrosoft employs a highly professional team, experienced in Legacy ASP/VB/Access, as well as ASP.NET, Visual Studio, SQL Server within the .NET Framework.
- Macrosoft has a long list of clients for whom we have developed and supported ASP applications.
- Equally strong, is the list of clients for whom Macrosoft has developed applications in the .NET Framework utilizing Visual Studio, SQL Server, Access and Oracle.
- Visual Studio .NET has a pretty steep learning curve and conversion to it can be a significant undertaking.
- Macrosoft’s team of software engineers has been successfully developing in this environment for years as a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner.