Why Companies Prefer a Custom Software Solution?

By John Kullmann

There are literally millions of software applications available on a commercial basis for your company to use. Why would any company consider building a custom software solution? For that matter, why would anybody start a new business since there are already millions of businesses today?

As you can imagine, there is certainly a reason for a custom business solution for your organization and it’s due to the uniqueness of your company.

There are really four primary drivers that indicate that a custom solution is right for your organization.

  • First, is it’s designed specifically for your business as opposed to adapting your business or modifying your business to fit the parameters of a commercial software system.
  • Second is it can be fully integrated with your other systems and platforms, since it’s designed for your data, your processes, your workflow. It can be designed at the same time to be fully integrated across your organization.
  • Third, it doesn’t carry the excess baggage of a commercial system. You might only need 10% of the functionality of a commercial system, but you’re paying for the other 90% you don’t use.
  • And lastly, the fourth reason is once you build it, you own it, which is wonderful. You don’t have to pay annual maintenance, you don’t have to pay annual support, annual licenses or monthly licenses. And so you can build it once and essentially use it forever.

Macrosoft has a development team within our enterprise development systems specifically working with clients to build custom software solutions. We use the Agile methodology where we divide the work into equal sprints every two weeks. That way we’re collaborating with the clients to ensure they get exactly what they need in the system that works with their business.

Contact Macrosoft if you’d like to learn about building a custom software solution for your business, or if you already have a custom software solution and you either want to make enhancements to it or want to modernize it onto a modern technology platform, Macrosoft can support you there. We are a Microsoft Certified Gold Partner and therefore work with commercial software languages, or we also work in open-source software languages. Macrosoft is here to help your business design the software solution that needs in order to excel in business today.

Share this:

By John Kullmann | August 24th, 2022 | Enterprise Services

About the Author

John Kullmann Chief Operating Officer Macrosoft

John Kullmann

John is the Chief Operating Officer for Macrosoft. In that capacity, he works with new and existing clients to clearly understand their requirements and translate them for the software development teams. John has extensive experience in Six Sigma, Lean Engineering and managing international operations. His background has allowed him to be responsible for ensuring ongoing client satisfaction. John consistently provides excellent customer service, ensuring the highest quality.

John collaborates with all members of the leadership and operation teams, during the creation of new services. Similarly, he is Macrosoft’s corporate face, ensuring our messaging and content represent the high-tech, high-quality of Macrosoft.

John is a frequent speaker at industry events and is the Chairman of the Morris County Chamber of Commerce Tech Talk Forum.

Though John always takes his work very seriously, he does not take himself so serious. Outside of work, John sits on the Board of Directors for Family Nature Summits. Additionally, he plays tennis and enjoys every outdoor activity.

Recent Blogs

Balancing Multiple Content Distribution Goals with Quadient Inspire: A Detailed Guide
Read Blog
Enhancing Communication in Pharmaceuticals with CCM
Read Blog
Boosting Efficiency in the Insurance Industry: A Deep Dive into RPA
Read Blog
Overcoming Common Challenges in CCM
Read Blog